personal injury lawyers
Fighting for the maximum injury compensation for you and your family
No Fees Until We Win
New Jersey Personal Injury Lawyer
When a negligent person or business has injured you, it is crucial that you speak with a New Jersey personal injury lawyer. You might have a valid compensation claim, and time is of the essence.
Call Rosengard Law Group today at 856-284-6446 for a FREE Consultation.
We will review your case and determine if you are eligible to seek compensation for your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and mental anguish.
Most common injury cases Rosengard Law Group handles
Rosengard Law Group handles a variety of different personal injury cases. It has been our experience that most injury cases will fall under one of the following categories:
Car accidents account for a large portion of the personal injury cases that occur each year. For example, in 2018, the latest year of available data, New Jersey had over 61,000 car accidents that resulted in at least one person being injured.
Most accidents are a result of negligence. For example, a driver operates their vehicle in a manner that is not safe or directly violates a law, such as texting and driving or driving under the influence, and an accident occurs.
The injured party in a vehicular accident has the right to seek compensation for their medical costs, loss of income, pain and suffering, and other financial losses if the other party was at fault for the accident.
Speak with a New Jersey car accident lawyer at Rosengard Law Group about your car accident claim. One of our knowledgeable attorneys will provide you with a FREE case evaluation and explain what rights you have to claim compensation.
Injuries sustained in a truck accident can be catastrophic for the passengers of the smaller vehicle. Sadly, the emotional and financial recovery from a truck accident can be as challenging as the physical recovery.
Truck accidents are very complex issues. Both state and federal laws regulate Semi-trucks, and there are usually several insurance companies involved in one accident. Therefore, if you have been injured in a truck accident, it will be necessary to work with an NJ truck accident lawyer when filing a compensation claim.
Rosengard Law Group knows the trucking industry and the laws that regulate this industry.
Proving fault is essential when seeking compensation for injuries suffered in a motorcycle accident in New Jersey. The attorneys at Rosengard Law Group will use their experience to build a strong case for you.
When we manage your motor vehicle accident case we will:
- Review the police report and all associated documents concerning the accident
- Obtain witness statements and speak with the witnesses about the accident
- Gather photographic evidence from the scene of the accident, including the damage to the motorcycle
- Gather relevant information about road conditions, weather conditions, and traffic conditions at the time of the accident
- Obtain traffic light camera footage and any available surveillance footage that may have caught the accident on recording
- Hire accident reconstruction experts to get expert information on the cause of the crash
- Speak with medical care providers about your injuries and projected recovery
- Gather medical bills and other financial loss information to build your compensation personal injury claim
- Manage all interactions with the insurance company
- Prepare your case for trial
We do all the legwork, so you can focus on recovering from the injuries caused by the accident.
Construction site accidents
Construction site accidents can result from negligent actions by employees, site owners, faulty equipment, defective machinery, or failure to comply with safety protocols.
Construction companies, property owners, architects, engineers, and even machinery manufacturers may be held liable for construction accidents.
Premises liability – Slip and Fall
Premises liability injuries happen when a person is injured on a property due to the owner’s negligence. The most common type of premises liability case is a slip and fall, followed by dog attacks.
Slip and falls can happen because of wet flooring, loose or broken tiles, uneven pavement, or cluttered walkways. Poorly kept stairways and poorly lit areas also can account for slip and fall accidents.
Rosengard Law Group will work diligently to gather the evidence necessary to show how the accident you had resulted from the property owner’s negligence.
Dog attacks can have a lasting effect on the person who was injured. In addition to the physical injury, there can be a lot of emotional trauma that occurs when attacked by an animal. This is especially true when a child is attacked.
When a dog attacks, you can suffer soft tissue damage, broken bones, facial infections, and have potential life-long scarring from the attack.
Medical malpractice happens when a medical care provider injures a patient who is in their care.
All medical professionals are held to a very high standard for providing medical care. When these standards are not met, or the care provided does not meet the medical community’s standards, that care provider can be held liable for malpractice.
Doctors, nurses, chiropractors, dentists, and pharmacists are all held to the same level of care standards that fall under malpractice laws.
If you have been injured while receiving medical care, the care providers that had direct contact with you may be held liable for their actions.
Nursing home abuse
Nursing homes are supposed to be a place for healing and receiving care when you cannot care for yourself. Sadly, many of these facilities are understaffed or have unqualified staff. This can lead to harm for the patients.
If you have a loved one who is currently in a nursing home, it is crucial that you closely monitor your loved one for any of the following signs of abuse:
- Signs of dehydration of malnutrition
- Random bruising and cuts
- Excessive falls
- Emotional abuse
- Communicable diseases
- Bed Sores
Birth injuries are a form of medical malpractice. However, these injuries are often classified in a separate category because of the significant impact these injuries have on the baby, the mother, or both.
Misuse of forceps or vacuum during delivery, failure to initiate a timely c-section, oxygen deprivation, and other mismanagement of labor and delivery can harm the infant and mother.
Medical conditions such as Cerebral Palsy, Erb’s Palsy, and Bells Palsy can occur in the infant.
Brain injury, broken collar bones, and other physical injuries can occur in a mismanaged birth. Internal bleeding and loss of fertility can also happen to the mother.
It is critical to have an infant evaluated immediately if you suspect any type of problem during labor and delivery.
If you or your infant was harmed during labor and delivery, you are encouraged to speak with a New Jersey personal injury lawyer about your claim. You may be entitled to receive compensation for the long-term care required to help your child after receiving a birth injury.
Dangerous medications and medical devices
It is not unusual for a pharmaceutical company to push their products through the testing process to gain approval and get the products on the market. Sadly, this often leads to overlooked side effects or other complications from the medication or device.
Any company that produces a product that becomes available to the public for purchase or use is responsible for the injuries that their product may cause.
Defective product cases will fall under one of the following claims:
- Defective design
- Defective manufacturing process
- Inaccurate warning labels or instruction packet
If a defective product has hurt you, contact a personal injury lawyer in New Jersey to determine what rights you have to claim your losses.
Many events can lead to a burn injury. Faulty wiring, explosions, chemical burns, hot metal, boiling water, faulty fire alarms, or faulty or blocked fire escape areas are just a few ways that burn injuries can occur.
When burn injuries happen, the victim faces an extended and often painful recovery process.
Even after the care has been completed, burn victims can face many hardships like lasting pain and fragile skin.
Rosengard Law Group understands the complexities of burn injuries and how it impacts the victim’s life. We will work diligently to build a solid claim for compensation for your case.
Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
Every brain injury is different. You may lose motor skills or the ability to control bodily functions. You may lose parts of your memory or be unable to form new memories. You may suffer from changes to your personality that you cannot control.
Rosengard Law Group understands that traumatic brain injury cases must be handled aggressively, so the client can receive the maximum compensation to cover their needs for long-term care.
Any injury that happens while performing your job duties is covered by your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance. With very few exceptions, employers are required to have these policies to protect their employees while they are at work.
Sadly, most workers’ compensation adjusters are not concerned about your injuries. Worker’s compensation adjusters are infamous for denying claims and the necessary medical care.
Workers’ compensation adjusters are also known for forcing employees back to work too soon after an injury has happened.
Protect yourself from the insurance companies by speaking with an NJ personal injury lawyer as soon as you have been injured on the job. We will protect your rights to receive workers’ compensation.
Wrongful death is any death that happens due to an accident caused by the negligence of another person or business. The death does not have to happen instantly or at the accident scene for it to be considered a wrongful death case. To qualify as wrongful death, the death must be a direct result of the injuries received during the accident.
The easiest way to determine if a death would be considered wrongful is to ask if the person had survived the injuries, would they be able to file a personal injury lawsuit? If the answer is yes, it is a wrongful death case.
Wrongful death lawsuits are a way of helping the family overcome their financial losses due to the loss of their loved one, so they can focus on healing from their loss.
Different types of personal injury compensation
There are two types of compensation that you can be awarded when you have suffered a personal injury. Economic and non-economic damages. Each of these types of damages has several sub-categories that may be part of your compensation claim.
- Economic Damages: These damages are the main part of any compensation package. Economic damages include medical expenses, lost wages, future earnings, household services, and any other out-of-pocket expenses directly connected to the accident and injury.
- Non-Economic Damages: These damages will include issues such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, damage to your reputation, loss of enjoyment of life, and similar issues that you have mentally and emotionally endured as a result of your injuries.
Medical expenses that you have already incurred and will have in the future will be part of your compensation. This will include all the care you have already received as well as necessary care in the future.
Your NJ personal injury attorney will make sure that all future medical care costs are added to your settlement, because you deserve to continue to receive all the medical care you need for your injury in the future.
Past and future losses of income
If your injury prevents you from returning to work, your attorney at Rosengard Law Group will ensure that any past and future earnings are included in your compensation package. These losses will include:
- Past Loss Wages: any wages you have lost up until this point as a result of your accident will be included.
- Future Earnings: if you cannot return to work, your attorney will include your future earnings as part of your package.
- Future Earning Capacity: we will also adjust your future income to include future earning capacity. This means that the future earnings will be adjusted to accommodate the natural trajectory your work would have taken, such as raises and increases in benefits, had you stayed in that position until retirement. This amount will be included in the economic losses we’ll fight for.
Loss of services
If you have had to pay for someone to do tasks around your home that you are normally responsible for, these costs will be included in your compensation.
Pain and suffering
Pain and Suffering is a non-economic damage. This type of compensation will be unique to each case.
Our attorneys will need to show how much you have suffered physically as a result of your injuries.
We encourage all injury victims to keep a detailed journal of how the injury has impacted their life, so an accurate account of the pain and suffering can be shown.
Emotional duress is the emotional impact that the injuries have had on your life. This can be from the stress the injury has caused to the depression you have experienced since you have been unable to work. Keep track of everything you’re feeling in your journal.
Loss of consortium
Loss of consortium is the legal term for the loss of relations between a married couple. This type of compensation is only awarded to the spouse of a severely injured person. Our attorneys will show how the injury has affected how you interact physically, emotionally, and mentally with your spouse.
Punitive damages are a type of damage that is awarded by the Court as a punishment for the actions of the responsible party. This type of compensation is generally reserved for certain situations where the new jersey court finds the actions of the Defendant heinous or in complete disregard to the safety and well-being of others.
How much is my NJ injury case worth?
Although it is easy to classify a case by the type of accident that happened, every case must be treated as a unique event. The causes of the accident, the types of injuries received, and the severity of these injuries will differ with each claim.
It would be irresponsible and illegal for our attorneys to provide you with a “guaranteed” settlement amount for your case. We may be able to provide you with a “guesstimate” based on similar cases, but even a guess can be reckless.
What we can tell you is that the NJ injury attorneys at Rosengard Law Group will fight diligently to win the maximum compensation for you and your family.
Why should I file a personal injury lawsuit?
Your life was changed the moment you were injured. Unfortunately, the injuries you received may prevent you from returning to work or doing the things you love.
You have experienced hardships and other types of stress as a result of your injuries. You may even have trouble sleeping because of the stress.
The negligent party should be held responsible for these changes they have inflicted on your life. It is only right that they do what is necessary to cover your losses to start to rebuild your life.
What will a NJ personal injury lawyer do for Me?
Rosengard Law Group will provide you with the following services:
- Review medical records and have them evaluated by an expert
- Ensure you are receiving all the medical care you need for your recovery
- Thoroughly examine the scene of the accident
- Use an accident reconstruction expert if necessary
- Question witnesses
- Gather and keep track of all necessary documents
- Submit all documents on a timely basis
- Negotiate to win the best possible settlement from the insurance companies
- Take the case to trial if necessary
Your New Jersey personal injury lawyer will also work very closely with you during all of these steps and ensure the progress of your case.
What steps will my NJ injury lawyer take?
Once you have had your FREE Case Evaluation by the Rosengard Law Group injury attorneys, your case will take the following steps:
- Build Your Case: your attorney will start gathering and examining evidence, interviewing witnesses, and speaking to experts about your accident and injuries. This provides them with the information they need to approach the insurance company.
- Demand Letter and Negotiations: Once all of the information has been gathered, and a compensation amount can be calculated accurately by your NJ injury lawyer, a Demand Letter will be sent to the insurance company. The insurance company often denies the first request, and negotiations will begin. We will not settle for any compensation package that is not fair to you.
- Take the Case to Trial: If a reasonable settlement agreement cannot be reached, Rosengard Law Group will take the insurance company to trial on behalf of their client. Nearly 95% of all cases settle before they reach this point.
What is my role in the injury case?
As the injured party, you are encouraged to:
- Continue all medical treatments as recommended by your doctor
- Attend all meetings required by your attorney
- Never admit fault for your injury in any way, especially to the insurer or online
- Keep a written journal of your injury and how it has impacted your life
- Avoid discussing any part of your case with anyone, especially on social media
What does a New Jersey personal injury lawyer cost?
Rosengard Law Group is a contingency fee-based law firm. This means that there are never any upfront legal fees or out-of-pocket legal expenses.
We only get paid a percentage if we win your case.
Call today for your FREE Case evaluation – there is no risk involved.
Contact a personal injury attorney New Jersey today
Being injured by the negligent actions of another person or business can change your life!
You do not need to face these hardships alone.
If you are a victim of a personal injury in New Jersey, you are encouraged to call 856-284-6446 now for a free over-the-phone consultation with a personal injury attorney NJ at Rosengard Law Group.