personal injury lawyers
Fighting for maximum injury compensation for you and your family.
No Fees Until We Win
Cherry Hill Truck Accident Lawyer
Truckers that fail to follow road safety protocols can cause serious accidents. Truck accidents can lead to catastrophic injuries for those in the smaller vehicle. Serious or multiple injuries can occur, leading to extensive medical care (and medical bills) and an extended recovery period. Sadly, some of these truck accidents result in the loss of life.
Rosengard Law Group understands the complex issues you’re facing after a truck accident in Cherry Hill NJ, and we are geared for working your compensation claim with precision.
We understand that your life has been dramatically changed as a result of this truck accident.
We know that you face large medical bills, loss of income, and are experiencing pain and suffering.
We are here to help you secure the maximum recovery for your losses.
Call Rosengard Law Group today for a FREE consultation. We will review the facts of your NJ truck accident case and help you understand the next steps we’ll take in seeking compensation for you and your family.
Winning compensation in your Cherry Hill truck accident case
To determine the types of compensation you may be entitled to, the attorneys at Rosengard Law Group will have to look at many different factors.
The first things that we will look at are:
- The types of injuries you received
- The severity and lasting impact of those injuries
- The responsible party for the accident
The next thing that we will do is analyze and calculate the types of compensation you may be entitled to, which will be both economic and non-economic.
Economic damages include:
- All Medical Expenses: including current and future medical expenses
- Lost Income and Benefits: including current and future losses
- Other Expenses Related to the Accident
Non-Economic damages include:
- Pain and Suffering
- Emotional Duress
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
- Loss of Services
- Loss of Companionship
- Disfigurement and Scarring
Once we have reviewed all of the evidence in your case and spoken with an additional set of experts (accident reconstruction experts, medical experts, etc), we will be able to come up with an estimated value for your case.
We dedicate extensive time and research to researching your compensation package. We believe that it is crucial for our clients to secure the maximum recovery for their losses.
Areas that we research include, but are not limited to:
- Police Report
- Medical Records
- Expert Consultations
- Photographs and Video Evidence
- Images of Your Injuries
- Eyewitness Testimony
- Video Surveillance and Red Light Cameras
- Cell Phone Records to Determine if Driver was Distracted
Cherry Hill truck accident wrongful death claims
If you have lost a loved one in a truck accident, please accept our deepest sympathies. We understand that you are suffering in many ways from your loss.
The attorneys at Rosengard Law Group understand that you are not thinking about legal actions at this time, but we encourage you to consider speaking to us about the accident.
Filing a wrongful death claim can help you cover the final medical bills and expenses for your loved one. It can also help you have a financial safety net as you are trying to rebuild your life.
If you believe that you may qualify for a wrongful death claim, please speak to one of our lawyers about the accident and your loss. We will provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision about seeking compensation.
Serious injuries sustained in a truck accident
It is not unusual for a trucking accident to cause serious injuries to the head, neck, and spine. Loss of limbs, serious burns, and multiple injuries are also prevalent. All of these injuries will require extensive medical care and recovery times.
We consult with Truck Accident experts about your case
Since the injuries are often complex, our attorneys make sure that we consult with all of the necessary experts, so we can secure the maximum recovery for our clients.
We will speak with:
- Medical Experts
- Life Planners
- Long Term Care Specialists
We feel that it is necessary to get an entire look at how this injury will impact your life now and in the future before we start creating a compensation package.
How we investigate a truck accident
Establishing fault for a truck accident can be a complex operation. Many different factors must be considered. Both state and federal laws oversee the trucking industry, and there are often multiple companies involved with each shipment.
Determining who is at fault for the accident is crucial to the case, so the attorneys at Rosengard Law Group will thoroughly investigate your truck accident. We will review everything from the driver’s actions to who loaded the truck and if the load was in compliance.
We seek information from the trucking company
It is not unusual for systems to be in place that help trucking companies and drivers deflect responsibility for an accident. However, some types of evidence can be obtained that cannot be altered or compromised.
Our attorneys will go the extra steps it takes to build your case and request copies of the truck drivers:
- Driving Record
- Training Records
- Log Books
- Results of Drug/Alcohol Test Performed by Highway Patrol
If necessary, we will send the trucking company a Spoliation Letter. What this letter means is that the company must preserve all evidence and potential evidence related to the accident for review.
By preserving this evidence our attorneys will search for other possible violations that may have occurred that led to the accident. Some of the records we will review include:
- Drivers Employment History
- Dashcam Footage
- Blackbox Data
- Maintenance Records
- Bill of Lading for Load
We will also investigate the accident scene to determine if any other factors may have contributed to the event. If necessary, we will bring in an accident reconstruction specialist to have the accident evaluated. We get to the truth of the accident, so the negligent party can be held responsible.
Who can be held liable in a truck accident?
The driver, the trucking company, company that loaded the truck, the truck mechanic, and possibly the manufacturer may also be held responsible for a trucking accident.
What if more than one party is responsible for The truck accident?
As we stated, more than one party can be held liable for a trucking accident. Part of our job as your attorney is to completely investigate the accident, so all parties responsible for the accident can be held accountable.
Other potential liable parties
The other areas we will investigate include:
- Truck Manufacturer: if there were flaws in the design or manufacturing of the truck that led to the accident.
- Parts Manufacturer: we will investigate if any parts used on the truck while being constructed or used for repairs were flawed.
- Municipalities: there may have been road conditions such as poor maintenance that led to the accident.
- Other Drivers: if this were a multi-vehicle accident, we would investigate if any of the other drivers contributed to the cause of the event.
What are the common types of truck accidents?
Truck accidents can happen for a variety of reasons, and each accident will be different. The types of accidents that occur are often similar when it comes to semi-trucks, even if the cause of the accident may differ.
The most common types of trucking accidents include:
- Jackknife: a jackknife event happens when the trailer moves to the side of the cab, disabling the ability of the cab to move forward or keep control of the semi-truck.
- Rollover: a rollover accident is very serious because it places everyone in the path of the truck in danger. Rollovers are usually the result of freight shifting in the trailer.
- Tire Blowout: tire blowouts can cause a truck driver to lose control, especially if it is a front steer tire. Tires can blow out for many reasons, including running the truck overweight or not having proper maintenance (replacements) per regulations.
- Car Under Truck: if a truck stops quickly, the vehicle behind the truck may go up under the truck when they are trying to stop. This can result in significant injuries and possibly death.
What are the common causes of truck accidents?
We have found that the leading causes of trucking accidents occur for the following reasons:
- Distracted Driving
- Fatigued Driver
- Driving Under the Influence: including over-the-counter medications
- Excessive Speeds
- Improper Turns or Not Turning Wide Enough
- Wide Turns that Enter Other Traffic
- Load Shifting
- Improper Use of Shoulder on Road
- Tire Blow Out
- Maintenance Issues
- Manufacturer Defects
- Part Defects
Experienced Cherry Hill truck accident lawyers can help
Rosengard Law Group understands the laws and regulations governing the trucking industry, which gives our clients an advantage when filing an accident claim. We know how to research a trucking accident and investigate the companies associated with the event, so our clients receive maximum compensation from the responsible parties.
Our attorneys will help you file your claim, negotiate with the insurance and trucking companies, and prepare your case for trial. A successful outcome to any trucking accident claim relies on the skills and experience of the attorney managing your claim. The Rosengard Law Group has dedicated attorneys managing trucking accident claims, so you can be sure to receive the care you deserve.
Schedule your free consultation today
Call Rosengard Law Group today to speak with a Cherry Hill truck accident attorney. This is a Free, no-obligation consultation. If you are unable to travel due to your injuries, we will come to your home or hospital to meet with you.